A. POSITION OVERVIEW
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the overall vision and facilitation of a comprehensive Children’s Ministry (birth through 5th grade) for Monterey Baptist Church, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. The Children’s Director will ensure that our church provides a fun, loving, and safe environment where children learn the essentials about Christ’s love and forgiveness.
This is currently a part-time position with an expectation that it will require approximately 15 hours of work per week, and the salary is budgeted for $13,000-$15,000 depending on experience.
B. MINISTRY-SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage the age-appropriate discipleship of our church’s children with effective curriculum and teaching.
2. Ensure safety throughout the ministry, including following our core safety policies:
- Every volunteer is background checked
- At least two adults in every class
- Teachers must be members of MBC
3. Recruit, lead, and develop ministry volunteers.
4. Capture opportunities to equip and encourage parents to be the spiritual leaders of their families.
5. Oversee the growth of the ministry by reaching new children and families.
6. Have fun!
C. GENERAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare the ministry budget each year, and be a wise steward of available resources.
2. Keep regular office hours and attend mandatory meetings.
3. Adhere to our additional staff policies.
4. Join MBC in membership, becoming a vibrant part of the life of the whole church.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
1. Have a Christian experience and testimony which demonstrates a continuing walk with the Lord.
2. Have a passion for children, an awareness of their age-specific needs, and an ability to lead them toward Christ.
If you are interested in applying, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org